Consent to Use of Images and Video
St. James, Pokesdown
We occasionally take photos and video during Church run activities to illustrate life at St. James' Church. These may be used in Church (for example on the screen or notice board) printed materials (promotional posters, leaflets, letters etc) on our website and the St. James' Church Facebook page.
To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, we need your permission before we use images of you and/or your children in this way, so we would ask you to provide consent by completing the Consent Form below. We will not use the images for any other purpose.
If you would like to ensure that images of you and your children are not used, or withdraw your consent, then please complete the Opt-Out Form below.
Conditions of use
1. This form is valid indefinitely from the date of signing but photos and video footage will be deleted when they are no longer required for the purposes above, or if your consent is withdrawn.
2. If you ever wish to withdraw your permission please contact the Church Office or speak to one of the Clergy and the image(s) will either be deleted, destroyed or returned to you (according to your preference).
3. When using photos and video we will not include details or names of any person without good reason and only with your express consent.
4. We will not include any personal contact details such as email, postal address or telephone.
5. We may use group images with very general labels e.g. ‘making Christmas decorations’.
6. We will only use images of people who are suitably dressed to reduce the risk of such images being used inappropriately.